• Prime Minister Manmohan Singh inaugurates National Waqf Development Corporation to facilitate and mobilize financial resources for opening schools, colleges and hospitals on waqf properties.
• The Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal demands SIT probe into 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
• 7 killed in collision between a Luxury Bus and a Tanker at Manore in Thane of Maharashtra.
• Two Teachers of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Malkangiri of Odisha have booked for sexual assault and threatening 12 girls.
• AAP member Ashutosh.said that BJP and Congress have used 1984 anti-Sikh riots to do politics.
• BCCI to assume Central Leadership responsibility in the International Cricket Council.
• Maharashtra to clash with Karnataka in Ranji Trophy finals in Hyderabad.
• Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs & Senior National Conference leader Mir Saifullah says there is no threat to the government and alliance with the Congress is solid.
• Proceedings of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly paralyzed over the Telengana Bill for the third consecutive day.
• Delhi Government orders audit into finances of Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System.
• Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah said no Prime Minister can revoke Article 370 of the Constitution granting special status to the state "without calling into question" its accession to India.
• A former Norwegian minister nominated fugitive US intelligence leaker, Edwar Snowden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize.
• Sex workers of West Bengal have come together to organize a seminar aimed at sensitising people about the crime.
• Actress Suchitra Sen ashes immersed by her daughter Munmum Sen and grand daughter Riya Sen in the holy river at Assi Ghat in Varanasi.
• The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) will provide Rs.1, 336 crore loan for Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad.